When speaking with a funeral home, it would be beneficial for you to develop a small outline of the services that you may want; because prices will vary between funeral homes for the same services.
Prices can be obtained by calling a funeral home and asking for their General Price List (GPL). Every funeral home has a GPL available. The Federal Trade Commission requires all funeral homes to provide a copy of the GPL along with a Casket & Urn Price List and Outer Burial Container (vault) price list upon request.
Our Statement of Goods and Services will outline your selected Services and Merchandise, including the cost of the Basic Services of the Funeral Director, Staff and Overhead . The Statement will also detail any required Cash Advance items. Cash Advance items are items that the funeral home will prepay for the family, such as; Obituaries, Clergy, Cemetery, Crematory, death certificates, or any outside expense that is needed.
The Basic Services of the Funeral Director, Staff and Overhead includes the following:
Our commitment to serve you with the availability of funeral director and staff to respond to your initial request for services, 24 hours a day/365 days a year including…
- Meeting with the family during an arrangements conference, whether here at the funeral or another location;
- Planning the requested services;
- Consulting with other family members and clergy;
- Sheltering of remains;
- Preparing and filing of necessary notices: obituaries, death notices, service notices, insurance claim notifications;
- Notifying Social Security of the death;
- Obtaining necessary authorizations and permits;
- Coordinating with the cemetery, crematory, or other third parties, such as, military honors.
- In addition, this fee includes a proportionate share of our basic overhead costs.
Both Merchandiseand Cash Advance items are priced separately on the Statement of Goods andServices.
Our General Price List is available here on our website for your review.